• Access to the following information:
    WEBLINKS Document of Helpful Links - Click HERE!
    Washington Application for State Financial Aid is now available for undocumented students to apply for State Need Grant funds. The application can be accessed on ReadySetGrad.org/WASFA, and students should submit it as soon as possible.

    A new state law has expanded eligibility for the Washington State Need Grant to low-income, non-citizen students who meet the program’s eligibility requirements and satisfy the residency criteria below:

    • Have graduated from a Washington high school or obtained a GED® (or will do so before beginning college).
    • Have lived in Washington for three years prior to, and continuously since, earning the high school diploma or equivalent.
    • Sign an affidavit (written promise) to file an application to become a permanent resident of the United States when eligible to apply.

    How to Apply

    To apply for the State Need Grant, low-income, non-citizen students unable to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) due to immigration status may instead complete the free Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA).

    Note: Eligibility for the State Need Grant does not guarantee an award, as the grant is awarded on a funds-available basis. The sooner you complete an application, the better chance you have for consideration of limited State Need Grant funds.