Local companies are hiring for seasonal help November through part of January like American Eagle Outfitters, evo, Journeys, Justice, rue21, along with major grocery stores like Fred Meyer and Safeway. Check online for each company to apply for available openings. Don't forget about Target, Walmart and Fred Meyer. Amazon has opportunities as well.
PLEASE check the JOB board posted close to the Guidance Office (when schools re-open).
For local jobs, check out Worksource here.
For jobs working for the state of Washington, click here.
For 2019/2020 school year:
JOB Shadow Opportunities Online!
Join the King County Wastewater Treatment Division for two virtual job-shadowing events to explore careers in clean water. Staff members will be leading short sessions to demonstrate the details of their job and share the steps needed to get hired.
Saturday, April 25th
Saturday, May 9th
Examples of careers represented:
- STEM: Civil Engineer, Environmental Engineer, Water Quality Analyst
- Trades: Electrician, Treatment Plant Operator, Mechanic
- Communications: Community Relations, Environmental Educator, Project Manager
To register, go to: tinyurl.com/wweducationevents
These free events are for young people between the ages of 14-18.
For more information, please email Kristin Covey: firstname.lastname@example.org
TIPS Internships: More Than Just A Summer Job
Teens in Public Service (TIPS) provides paid public service internships to teenagers, working in non-profit organizations throughout King County for 6-8 weeks during the summer. Why is TIPS a good choice for summer employment?
- TIPS is a rewarding summer job.
- TIPS internship participation is a valuable item on a resume or college application.
- TIPS allows you to earn a paycheck and give back to your community at the same time.
TIPS is seeking high school students ages 15 - 19 who are active leaders in their community, interested in community service, along with hardworking and dependable. Applications and letters are due on Friday, February 28th, 2020 - No late letters or applications will be accepted. Click here for more information on the program and to apply.
Part-Time *PAID* Internship Program with King County:
Clean Water Ambassadors Internship Program for youth 15 - 18 years old!
Summer of 2020 and 2020/21 School Year
Meeting Location: Downtown Seattle
- Develop communication skills: interviewing professionals, community education, speaking and writing, Microsoft office programs
- Learn environmental work through field trips that focus on environmental issues and careers
- Job shadow project managers, engineers, water operators, environmental educators, planners, construction managers, and more
- Develop project ideas and proposals designed for your school and community.
Applications on hold at this time, due to COVID-19 Outbreak.
Click here for more information. For any questions, contact Kristin Covey at email@example.com