What Does the Auburn School District Green Team Do?
The three “Rs”—REduce, REuse, REcycle—are quickly catching on at the Auburn School District. Student-led “Green Teams” are voluntary environment stewards in school, at home, and in the community, conserving resources through classroom paper recycling, lunchroom recycling and food composting, and even vermicomposting. Overall, the students green efforts promote environmental sustainability.
A Green Team is comprise of both voluntary students and teachers/faculty of the Auburn School District.
Student Green Team Members
- Provide hands-on experience with conservation concepts
- Turn learning into action
- Let students see the results of their choices
- Benefits both students and environments
Teachers/Faculty Green Team Members
- Receive advice, support, and materials.
- Can sign up for classroom presentations
- Can receive mini-grant fundings
- Will be recognized for their efforts