Kindergarten registration for the Auburn School District’s 2018-19 school year has begun. Parents are encouraged to register their five-year-old child (those who will be age five by August 31, 2018) as soon as possible. Early registration will help us plan effectively, have sufficient staff, and create a smooth introduction for students entering kindergarten. Elementary schools are open for registration between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. daily, Monday through Friday.
At the time of registration, please bring your child’s official birth certificate. In accordance with State law, parents must present up-to-date immunization information before registering their child(ren) in school. Please contact your elementary school office manager for an updated list of required immunizations, which includes:
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) – 2 doses
- DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis) – 5 doses (4 doses only IF 4 th dose given on or after 4 th birthday)
- Tdap (diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis) - Not required Kindergarten - 5th grade | 1 dose Tdap if 11 years of age or older
- Polio – 4 doses (3 doses IF 3rd dose given after the 4th birthday. The final dose given on or after August 7, 2009 must be given at a minimum of 4 years of age and a minimum interval of 6 months from the previous dose).
- Hepatitis B - Kindergarten to 7th grade - 3 doses (Dose 3 must be given on or after 24 weeks of age) | 12th grade - Dose 3 must be given on or after 4 month of age
- Varicella (chicken pox) – 2 doses or Healthcare provider verified disease
You can also visit the Washington State Department of Health website:
If you do not have a child who is eligible for kindergarten, please give this letter to a neighbor or a friend who might have a student who will be starting kindergarten in the 2018-19 school year.
Thank you for your assistance.
Heidi N. Harris
Assistant Superintendent, Student Learning
Auburn School District