How Does the Counseling Process Work?
Counseling is conducted with students individually and in small groups when requested and determined appropriate.
It is short-term, voluntary, and a confidential service aimed at enhancing a student’s school success, not to provide psychotherapy.
Parental permission is obtained prior to any extended individual or group counseling.
Students are seen by the counselor when:
- Parents request and indicate a need and desire that the counselor meet with their student.
- Students request counseling.
- Teachers, administrators, or other school staff refers the student.
Benefits of Counseling:
- Success in school
- Develop positive feelings of self
- Develop communication skills
- Learn to cope with changes
- Recognize cause and effect their actions have
- Take responsibility for their own behavior
Home of the Cougars!
Believe • Achieve • Succeed
Thank you for stopping by!
This website was created and is maintained by the school counseling department of Olympic Middle. It is a resource for students, staff, parents and community members to learn more about our program.