Welcome to Lea Hill!
I'm proud to say that 2023-24 will be my 18th year as principal of this amazing school!
For high level learning to occur, I feel that relationships must be a priority. As such, I look forward to building partnerships with you and your child as we work together for their school success. As a parent myself, I believe we all want the same things for our kids at school - for them to be safe, develop healthy social and emotional skills, and excel academically as much as possible. A large part of my job is to help establish effective communication between home and school. The best way to set up uninterrupted time with me is by calling my Office Manager.
I'm proud of many things at Lea Hill, here are some examples -
- Our staff is second to none! We pride ourselves on customer service, kindness, listening, and building strong relationships with our families!
- Our student diversity! We annually have around 30 different languages spoken at Lea Hill!
- Our focus on The Science of Reading. This is our third year following this research for reading instruction and we are seeing positive results!
- Our amazing new building that opened in the fall of 2022!
- Our focus on small group/differentiated instruction in core ELA and core Math instruction!
- Our new School Improvement Plan for 2023 to 2026!
- Our focus on inclusion! We are a "push-in" school. This means the adults go to the kids, in their classrooms (Title services, Multilingual services, etc.)
- Our membership as a No Excuses University School, one of only four in ASD!
Thank you for taking the time to review our school website, your input and ideas are welcomed.
Have a great school year!
Ed Herda, Principal
Lea Hill Elementary School
30908 124th Avenue SE
Auburn, WA 98092
Pride of the Mustangs—Galloping toward success!