Please note: Links provided do not constitute an endorsement by Auburn Mountainview High School or the Auburn School District; they are for information only.
- Career Education Options - Bellevue College - Are you 16-20 years old, not currently enrolled in high school & want a degree or certificate? Are you motivated and ready for a change?
- Fresh Start Program - Tacoma CC - Student Age 16 - 21, alternative education setting.
- Pathway To College - Highline HS Diploma Program
- High School Completion - Green River Coursework
- Job Corps - Alternative way to get job skill training & GED
- Kent Phoenix Academy - Alternative school for graduation in Kent
- National Education Association - Dropout Prevention
- Washington Online School - Yakima Online, South Kitsap Online Academy
- Washington Virtual Academies
- Insight Schools
- Stay in School - Working with students to prevent dropout
- Washington Youth Academy - Free 8 month alternative HS program out of Bremerton
- West Auburn High School - Alternative school for graduation
- iGrad - Kent School District
- Mountain View Family Counseling - Marriage and Family
- Nexus - Nexus Youth and Families (previously Auburn Youth Resources)
- Kent Youth Resources - Family Help & Counseling
- Metro Bus Routes - Bus route information
- Valley Cities - Group and Individual Counseling
- Bully Prevention Information - Empowering students & parents to stand up to bullies
- Bullying Information for Parents/Guardians - English
- Bullying Incident Report Form - English
- Bullying Information for Parents/Guardians - Spanish
- Bullying Incident Report Form - Spanish
- Cyber Bullying Prevention - Real Life Stories
- Rachel's Challenge - Continuing efforts to reduce bullying & harassment at AMHS
College Information (see our College and Career website for more info)
- College & University Reviews by their Students - What the schools will not tell you.
- Students with Disabilities - Post Secondary Guide
- US News & World Report - How to find the right school for you.
- Affordable Colleges Online - Search by subject or state
- Affordable Colleges Online - Vaccinations in college - a new guide
- Affordable Colleges Online - Community Colleges
- Accredited Schools Online - Accredited Colleges in Washington
- Accredited Schools Online - Vocational Trade Schools in Washington
- Accredited Schools Online - Colleges that offer laptops and other technology
- LearnHowToBecome.org - Universities and Colleges in Washington
- 6 Questions to Ask at Freshmen Orientation - US News & World Report questions regarding college
- ACT Website - ACT Prep
- CollegeBoard (SAT)
- Bellevue College - Program Information
- Green River College - Program Information
- Highline College - Program Information
- Renton Technical College - Program Information
- King County 2-1-1 – dial 2-1-1 or (206) 461-3200
King County 2-1-1 provides the most comprehensive information on health and human services available to King County residents. Our Information and Referral Specialists are experts in understanding the eligibility requirements of many human service systems. They can coach callers on the best way to present their situation to the agency that may be able to help them and problem-solve when services are not available. We are experts on food, shelter, housing, rent and utility assistance, legal assistance, financial assistance, governmental assistance programs, health care, employment, education and family support programs. Whatever your questions, call us so we can help.
- 24 hour Crisis Line - (206) 461-3222
The 24-Hour Crisis Line provides immediate help to individuals, families and friends of people in emotional crisis. We can help you determine if you or your loved one needs professional consultation and we can link you to the appropriate services. We are a primary source for linking Seattle-King County residents to emergency mental health services. Help is just a phone call away.
- Washington Recovery Help Line – (866) 789-1511
The Washington Recovery Help Line is an anonymous and confidential help line that provides crisis intervention and referral services for Washington State residents. Professionally trained volunteers and staff are available to provide emotional support 24-hours a day, and offer local treatment resources for substance abuse, problem gambling and mental health, as well as to other community services.
- Teen Link – (866) Teen-Link (833-6546)
Teen Link offers a confidential, anonymous, and non-judgmental help line for youth ages 13-20, every evening between 6-10 p.m. Teen volunteers are trained to listen to your concerns and talk with you about whatever’s on your mind. No issue is too big or too small!
- Subscribe to our Resource Talk digest and blog. Here at King County 2-1-1 we keep a community blog called Resource Talk with all the most critical information on changes to services, new services, and resource information such as health fairs, job fairs, workshops…you name it! Twice a month we send out an email (digest) with links to the most popular entries on our blog. You can subscribe to the Resource Talk blog here, and/or visit the blog here (don’t forget to bookmark it!) If you have news or information you’d like us to share, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be sure to include your information on the Resource Talk blog!
- Ladders - Job search for everyone
- WorkSorce Washington - Finding Employment for everyone
- Occupational Outlook
- Autism Awareness & Prevention - The skinny regarding Autism
- Center For Disease Control - Government Vaccination Plan
- Children & Adults with ADHD - CHADD is a non-profit organization serving individuals with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD).
- Family Health - Optimal health for all families in Washington
- Family Health Information - WA State Child Care Resource & Referral Network
- Foster Care - Help for foster children who aspire to go to college
- Help for parents regarding drug issues - Parents guide to drug related issues.
- ORCA LIFT - Apply for reduced fare.
- Personal Finance - Budgeting & financial planning
- Tobacco Control - Tobacco Prevention
- Treehouse - Foster Family Resources
- Web MD - Quick answers to medical questions
- Youth Program Directory (King County)
- Parenting 101 - Includes the "3 F's" of Effective Parenting
- Parenting Teens A-Z - An A-Z index of information and resources on parenting today's teen.
- Raising Successful Teenagers - Effective suggestions for helping teens cope with life issues
Study Skills Help
- Khan Academy, online help - With a library of over 3,000 videos covering everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history and 315 practice exercises, we're on a mission to help you learn what you want, when you want, at your own pace.
- Math Help
- Study Guide - assist students develop study skills