Waivers & Transfers

    If your student does not reside within the AMHS boundary, you will need to complete a Resident Waiver or a Non-Resident Waiver and Choice Transfer for them to attend.  Waivers will need to be completed by a guardian and submitted to Auburn Mountainview High School.  The Choice Transfer is provided to the School District in which you reside (Kent, Renton, Enumclaw, etc.).  If you complete an Online Choice Transfer, all paperwork will automatically be submitted to the correct school.  All Transfers and Waivers must be approved for a student to attend (and remain) at Auburn Mountainview High School.


     All NEW Waivers must include current:

    Attendance records

    Discipline records


    Waiver Contract


    Once a Waiver and supporting records are received, they will be presented to an AMHS Administrator for review and then sent to the Auburn School District Office for final review.  This process may take a few days or up to a few weeks.  Families will be notified if their request has been approved or denied.



  • Resident Waiver - for Students Who Live in the Auburn School District


    Students who live within the district can apply for a Waiver/Student Transfer Resident Request to attend another school in the district, if there is space available at the requested school. Submit completed applications to the principal at the school requested. Once granted, the parent or guardian is notified by the school.

    The student may remain at the school, without reapplying each year, as long as attendance, grades and behavior are satisfactory. Students must submit a new application when moving to a new school if the new school also is outside their resident boundary area.


    20/21 School Year ASD Waiver


    21/22 School Year ASD Waiver


    Waiver Contract

  • Transfer Waiver

  • Non-Resident Waiver and Choice Transfer - for Students Who Live Outside the Auburn School District


    If a student lives outside the district, they may attend Auburn schools if there is space available at the requested school; however, a Waiver/Student Transfer Non-Resident Request, along with a release from the student’s resident district must be completed. Both forms should be submitted to the principal at the school requested. Once granted, the parent or guardian is notified by the school. Students who are not residents of Auburn must follow this procedure annually.


    2020/21 School Year ASD Non-Resident Waiver


    2021/22 School Year ASD Non-Resident Waiver


    Waiver Contract


    Choice Transfer - Release to Attend a Non-Resident District

    A student that does not live within the Auburn School District may attend if space is available in the requested district /school.  For students to attend a school in the Auburn School District, they must complete a Choice Transfer (release of attendance from resident sitrict).  This release is available online the Choice Transfer Request Portal, or by contacting your resident school district for paperwork.  Choice Transfer paperwork needs to be returned to your resident school district (ie. Kent, Renton, etc.). 


    Choice Transfer Request link

  • If you find that you need assistance completing an Enrollment, Waiver or Transfer, please be sure to contact Mrs. Thomas in the Counseling Office at 253-804-4548, or send her an email at kathomas@auburn.wednet.edu.