Superintendent Message, Fall 2023-24
Dear Auburn School District Community:
I hope you had a fun, restful summer. I am excited for the 23-24 school year! We are in year two of our Strategic Plan and are focusing on how we make a difference for students and families. Our vision is to be a district where students are seen and valued for who they are now while developing their full academic and social potential to prepare them for the future they choose.
Some of the highlights for the upcoming year are:
- Opening the new Terminal Park Elementary- on-time and on-budget
- Expanding financial literacy education across the district
- Transition to Kindergarten for our youngest learners
- Continuing to improve safety & security
- Providing school supplies for all students
- Continuing free breakfast and lunch for all students
Our students have access to a wide variety of educational experiences, both during the school day and after school. We have robust athletics, music programs, career & technical education clubs, science clubs, service clubs and so much more for students to discover and ignite passions.
This fall we are convening a citizens Ad Hoc Committee to study and make recommendations about future facility needs. We will be providing information soon about renewing the current educational enrichment levy in February.
I am proud to lead the Auburn School District, we have an amazing community. I look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr. Alan Spicciati