Summer Food Program
The Summer Food Program offers free meals to children (ages 1-18) during the months of July and August.
A great deal of time and effort goes into planning the summer food program. We offer healthy, well-balanced meals to serve children every weekday the program is in operation. Summer staff members are dedicated to children and they do a wonderful job. The summer food program is a great offering for children in the Auburn School District.
If you have questions about the summer meal program, please contact Janis Campbell-Aikens, Director.
If you are over the age of 18, and could benefit from free meals, there are Several Options in and around Auburn.
Each year we review sites to ensure that we are serving children in areas most in need of program benefits.
Meals are free to children (ages 1-18) with no registration required.
Parents/Guardians are welcome to purchase a meal (for $5.00) and eat with their child(ren).
Children who choose to participate in the Summer Food Program are expected to be good citizens--to follow program rules.
Summer Food Program Rules
- Children 1-18 years of age may receive a meal.
- Each child may receive one meal.
- The entire meal must be eaten at the summer site.
- Meals cannot be taken home.
- Parents (adults) cannot eat any portion of the child's meal.
- Meals are available to all children without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age or disability.
- Please dispose of garbage in appropriate cannisters.