Auburn School District ECEAP provides FREE preschool for eligible 3 and 4 year olds.
What is ECEAP?
ECEAP (pronounced “E-Cap”) is the Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program. This is a FREE comprehensive preschool and family service program supported by the state of Washington. All previous Auburn School District Head Start classrooms have been converted to ECEAP.
- Trained teaching staff
- Kindergarten preparation
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Health and developmental screenings
- Support for families
Who is eligible?
- Children age 3-4 years by August 31
- Children in Foster Care/Kinship Care
- Children adopted out of Foster Care
- Families receiving TANF or SSI for disability
- Families experiencing homelessness
- Children with disabilities or IEPs
- Families living on limited incomes
We enroll children based on eligibility factors, family needs, and available openings.
We recognize upcoming boundary changes may impact our locations. We will do our best to communicate with families and update this information as soon as we are aware of changes in program locations.
Locations & Class Times
We have ECEAP classrooms in six locations around Auburn:
Alpac Elementary - 310 Milwaukee Blvd N, Pacific, WA
Pioneer Elementary on K St SE - 1825 K St SE, Auburn, WA
Terminal Park Elementary - 1101 D St SE, Auburn, WA
Lea Hill Elementary - 30908 124th Ave SE, Auburn, WA
Dick Scobee Elementary - 1031 14th St NE, Auburn, WA
Messiah Lutheran Church - 410 H St NE, Auburn, WA
Updates for the 2020-2021 School Year:
- Our Pioneer Elementary classroom will move to the Old Olympic Middle School Building on K Street SE
- Dick Scobee will move into their new building
- Our Main classroom will move to Alpac Elementary
To apply for ECEAP Preschool, please submit the following:
- Completed application (one per child)
- Proof of income (12 months or previous calendar year)
- Proof of child's birthdate
- Proof of guardianship
- Immunization record (CIS)
Contact us if you need help to complete the application or if you do not have all of the requested documents. A list of acceptable documents can be found on the instruction page of the application.
Print an application from the links below, or pick one up at the location nearest you. Please return applications for our Pioneer and Terminal Park locations to our Main Office to be processed.
Note: Please submit only ONE application to apply to any or all of our locations.
ECEAP Application 2020-2021 English Spanish Amharic Arabic Russian Somali Vietnamese
If you have questions about our program or need help completing an application, please call us or complete our ECEAP Interest Form.
Auburn School District ECEAP Main Office: (253) 931-4943
Auburn School District ECEAP E-Mail: ECEAP@auburn.wednet.edu
(In order to best protect your privacy, we ask that you please do not send confidential documents or information to our program via email)
Interpreter Line for Spanish Speakers: (253) 288-9935
*Interpreters for other languages may be available upon request.
Auburn ECEAP Main Office
Pioneer Elementary on K St
1825 K St SE, Auburn, WA
Auburn, WA 98002
c/o Pioneer Elementary
1825 K St SE
Auburn, WA 98002