Educational Program and Operations Replacement Levy
The Auburn School District board of directors unanimously approved placing a four-year Educational Program and Operations Replacement Levy on the February 11 ballot. The levy will collect $37.7 million in 2021; $41.1 million in 2022; $45 million in 2023 and $49.2 million in 2024. The total tax rate will remain stable.
This levy will replace the 2016 levy that expires in 2020. The Educational Program and Operations Replacement Levy provides 10% of the Auburn School District's budget.
Here's what the Educational Program and Operations levy pays for:
- All athletics and activities, including band, orchestra, choir, drama, 5th grade junior olympics, Camp Auburn and robotics.
- Career & College Readiness activities.
- $8 million for special education funding not provided by the state.
- Family Engagements staff and activities.
- Extended Learning Opportunities.
The levy also pays for extra staffing in the categories below that are inadequately funded by the state:
King and Pierce County conduct all elections through mail-in ballots only. For voter registration visit www.kingcounty.gov/elections or in Pierce County www.co.pierce.wa.us/elections. Special exemption: Anyone 61 years of age or older or those who are 100% disabled from work may be exempt from voted levies and bonds.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-931-4930.