VISION: Our Aspirations
Each student will have an educational experience in which they are seen and valued for who they are now, while developing their full academic and social potential to prepare them for the future they choose.
MISSION STATEMENT: Our Common Work on Behalf of Students and Families
In a culture of equity and excellence we engage, educate and empower each student for success beyond graduation.
COMMITMENTS: Our pledges to students, families, staff and the community.
- We commit to provide a rigorous, comprehensive, culturally responsive education, from preschool to high school graduation, so there is equity and excellence for each student.
- We commit that each staff member contributes toward each student meeting grade level standards.
- We commit to a physically, socially and emotionally safe and caring learning environment that embraces diversity and respect self and others.
- We commit to personalized educational pathways to college, career or trades that are developed collaboratively with staff, students and their families.
- We commit that every adult in the district serves as a mentor to students.
- We commit to students, families and staff thriving in a community rich with partnerships, support and resources while attending the ASD and after graduation.
Definitions: What we mean when we say...
EQUITY is each student having an educational experience in which they are seen and valued for who they are now, while developing their full academic and social potential to prepare them for the future they choose.
EXCELLENCE is a commitment to delivering the highest quality experience for students, families, staff and the community.
We ENGAGE students, families, staff and the community in partnerships for student success.
We EDUCATE through rigorous instruction with a breadth of inclusive options and support.
We EMPOWER students and staff to develop their skills, passions and creativity to thrive now and in the future.