Auburn School District Public Records
All records in the posession of the Auburn School District are available to the pubic unless they are exempted by law. The public has the right to these records, under reasonable conditions, and the copies of these records upon paying the cost of making the copies.
The more you can identify what you are seeking, the quicker we can respond to your request. Auburn School Distrrit will provide access to existing records in it's possession, the Auburn School District is not required to collect information or create a record that does not exist at the time of your request.
COVID-19 Public Records Announcement
- The Auburn School District must still respond to PRA requests during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The requirement to provide in person inspections of records, and submissions of PRA request have been suspended.
- The requirement for a response from the Auburn School District within 5 days has been suspended.
Requesting a Public Record
Please complete the form below.
In response to your request, the Auburn School District will be in contact with you within five business days (except during the COVID-19 pandemic) with one or more of the following information:
- Make the records available to the requestor
- Identify an internet location where the record(s) can be accessed, if the requestor does not have access to the internet they will be given access at the Auburn School District, James P. Fugate office to view the online record(s)
- If copies are requested and payment of a deposit for the copies, if any, is made or terms of payment are agreed upon, send the copies to the requestor
- Provide a reasonable estimate of when records will be available
- If the requestor is unclear or does not sufficiently idenify the requested records, the district may request clarification. The public records officer or designee may revise the estimate of when records will be available based on any clarification received
- Deny the request
Costs for Public Records
Hours of Inspection (Suspended during COVID-19 pandemic)
Auburn School District records must be inspected at the James P. Fugate office at 915 4th Street NE, Auburn, WA 98002. Public records are made available Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, excluding District observed holidays.